Friday, October 14, 2011

A New Purpose...

As my life is reaching one its ultimate high points, I wanted to document important events and share my thoughts regarding those events with family and friends. Throughout my life, I have kept a journal off and on. However, I have never kept a journal for a long amount of time. Without writing about certain events in my life, those memories become foggy, disoriented, or completely lost. I always prided myself on my memory, but I have forgotten some of the details of some of the most important events on my life. I have forgotten about moments in high school and college. I have forgotten details about my bout with serious depression. I have forgotten little details about my wedding to my beautiful wife. Countless little details have been lost since they were not written down. I do not want this to happen again. To rectify this, I have created this “blog”.

This “blog” will be a little different than most. The “blog” is dedicated and for my unborn child. I want to share my thoughts, feelings, and insight with my child. One day, I will share the words written here with my child. I want my child to know how happy I was to know he/she was coming. I want my kid to know what I was thinking when I found out Meagan was pregnant. I want him/her to know how I felt when I saw the first ultrasound. I want him/her to understand just how much love I have for him/her. I would like for my child to be able to know just how happy I am to be his/her daddy.

I am excited to start this project. It will be ongoing. I plan on writing at least once a week, and I want to write long after my child is born. I will share pictures and videos also. Please feel free to share my blog with friends and family. Please feel free to leave comments and suggestions.

The writings will contain some of my most intimate thoughts about becoming a father, and I am so glad that all of you are along for the ride. I cannot wait to be a daddy.

“Any fool can make a baby, but it takes a man to raise a child.” –Aaron Lewis

2 comments:

  1. Baby Barrow,

    This is your Nana,or as your cousins call me, "Nani". I am OLD so this blog stuff is new to me. Your Papa, or as your cousins call him, "Papi" and I will be leaving you a message now and again.
    I think this is going to mean a great deal to you as you get older. This is a priceless treasure. You have a wonderful daddy who is already willing to devout so much time to you. You are a very lucky little boy or girl.
    I love you,
    Your Nani

    ReplyDelete