Friday, October 14, 2011

The News...

Dear Baby Barrow,

Today was one of the greatest days of my life. October 14, 2011, is a day I will never forget. Do you know why?

It is because today was the day that I learned YOU were going to be part of our little family. Today was the day, I found out that I was going to be a daddy. I have wanted to be a daddy for a long time, but you scared me a little bit. But, even though, I was a little scared...I AM SUPER HAPPY and EXCITED to be able to meet you soon.

Your beautiful mommy, she is quite amazing, told me that you were inside her tummy. She may not be as cool or as funny as your old man, but she is much easier on the eyes and she knows much more about squishy little people like you. She has wanted you for a VERY long time. She has prayed for you, she has asked for you, and she has thought about you long before we ever knew you were coming. She cried a lot of happy tears the day she found out you would be coming.

I came from work today after a long day at the office. I was very tired because some days daddy (wow, I am your daddy...incredible) works a lot of hours. I was sitting on my bed and mommy came home from shopping. Mommy likes to shop, but you will learn that soon enough. That is why daddy has to work long hours, just kidding! Anyways, your mommy came in and I could tell she wanted to tell me something. She was beaming. Something was different about her. She smiled a huge smile and handed me a present. When I opened it, I found a pair of Baby Jordan's. I had these same shoes when I was in middle school.

Your mommy started crying because she was so happy and she gave me a big kiss and hug. As I held her, I started to cry as I felt her trembling with excitment. Her heart was pounding so hard. She couldn't stop smiling. We were so happy to know you were coming to be with us soon. We couldn't wait.

Just to prove that she really was pregnant with you, your mom showed me her pregnacy tests. I call them "pee sticks". Don't say that, you may get in trouble with your mommy. You probably shouldn't say a lot of things I do, but I will be better when you get here.

We are a little sideways.

I cannot wait to hold you in my arms, have you wake me up at 3 a.m., and leave me little presents in your diaper. I cannot wait to kiss you, to hold you hand, and to take you to the park. I cannot wait until your first day of school, your first event (sporting, dance, whatever it is you like), your first date, your first car. Well, maybe we can wait on the car. You are going to be EXPENSIVE...just like your momma. I cannot wait until your high school graduation, your first day of college, your wedding, and your first child. And, at the moment, you will feel all the amazing emotions that I am feeling right now. Oh, and do not forget all the days and nights in between. They will be amazing moments and you will have an incredible life with a loving family. I cannot wait to share little and big moments with you. I love you so much already!

"I haven't even heard you cry and you've already changed my life."

Love Daddy


"I Haven't Even Heard You Cry" by Aaron Lines

"Well I don't drive through the night these days
It's just not a chance I'm willing to take
And I don't spend my money foolishly
Cause there's important things that you're gonna need
You already got a hold on me"

"And I haven't even heard you cry
I haven't even looked into your eyes
I haven't held you one time but you've changed my life
And I don't even know your name
But I know I'll never be the same
Oh I can't wait to show you you can fly
And I haven't even heard you cry"

"You might look like your mom, you might look like me
I don't really care as long as you're healthy
And I'll make mistakes there's no doubt
But loves one thing you won't live without
Cause you own a place in my heart now"

"And I haven't even heard you cry
I haven't even looked into your eyes
I haven't held you one time but you've changed my life
And I don't even know your name
But I know I'll never be the same
Oh I can't wait to show you you can fly
And I haven't even heard you cry"

"Well I don't even know your name
But I know I'll never be the same
Oh I can't wait to show you you can fly
I'm thinking about first steps and bike rides
And I haven't even heard you cry"

2 comments:

  1. Baby Barrow,

    When you are older and read this, you will realize just how much you were wanted by your mom and dad. They will be wonderful,loving and caring parents. Someday you will understand what a tremendous blessing this will be in your life. You are a very lucky child, parents like these are getting rarer and rarer in our world today. Our whole family loves you and we are very excited for your arrival.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your going to be a great dad!!! Definately need more guys out there like you :)!!!

    ReplyDelete