Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Dad Life...

Dear Baby Barrow,

The past few days have been a joyous blur. We have shared the wonderful news of you with several family members and everyone is so excited for you to arrive. Even though it is quite a while away, the time will fly by faster than any of us realize. We also told some of our closest friends and they cannot wait to meet you. You already have quite a fan club and you aren't even here yet. But, you are already the center of attention. If you are like your mommy, that will continue on forever.

This past weekend, we spent time at daddy's company picnic. It is a big event and pretty fun to go to. Mommy and daddy went along with our friend, Jonas. The picnic is a family event and there are lots of things for kids to do. They had a pumpkin patch, face painting, games, and more. As I sat there eating my lunch, I couldn't stop thinking about how excited I was that you are coming to us soon. I can't wait to take you to events like these. I cannot wait to see you smile and watch you play. I cannot wait to see the joy that you experience in your life. And, I cannot wait to add to that joy. You have already brought more happiness to your mommy and me than you could ever imagine.

After our picnic, we went over to our friend's house, The Erickson's (Britney and Dustin). I think you will like them. Your mommy does. And, I guess I do too. Alright, they are pretty cool people. While we were there, the girls went upstairs. Daddy and his friends were watching sports downstairs while the girls were upstairs talking. All of the sudden, a bunch of loud excited screams came from up there. Your mommy told some of her friend's that you were coming and they were so happy. You are very loved already and have a lot of people eager to see you and hold you when you leave Heavenly Father to see us. I still cannot believe that Heavenly Father is sending you to me. But, I am so excited that he is. I feel so blessed.

I cannot wait to live the Dad Life. I cannot wait to have you depend on me. I cannot wait to hold you in my arms, to make you feel safe, and to be there for you.

Since Mommy told Britney that you were coming, she sent me a message on Facebook the next day. She told me how happy she was for us that you were coming. And, she sent me this video called "Dad Life". And, after watching it, I cannot wait for the Dad Life to begin.

I showed this video to your Papi and Uncle B a few months ago. Your Uncle B definitely thinks that nobody on the Weber does it better. He is the "King of the Coals". Papi and Uncle B have taught me a lot about the Dad Life. They have shown me how to be a great dad. I am striving hard to be ready to be a good dad when you arrive.

At any rate, I am ready for the Dad Life to begin with you as my child.

I love you so much!

Love Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment