Friday, July 13, 2012

One Month...

Dear Boston and Braxton,

It has been a month! It has been 31 days. Roughly, it has been 744 hours. It has been 44,640 minutes or 2,678,400 seconds. It has been a BLUR!

In the past 31 days, 744 hours, 44,640 minutes, or 2,678,400 seconds (depending on how you look at things), my life has changed. Every day, it changes a little more. And, every day, I change more and more...diapers that is. I feel like I have changed 2.6 million diapers in the past month. And, while it hasn't been that many, I do feel like we are polluting the world...one diaper at a time.

Despite all the urine, poop, vomit, spit-up, screaming, and sleepless nights...I love being your dad. More than anything, I love my family. I love your mom so much. And, I love you two more than life itself. It is an indescribable feeling. It is one of those things that cannot understand until you are in the position.

As inadequate as I have felt, someone I got the job of raising you two. Luckily, your mom is by my side because I need all the help I can get.

It is amazing to think that it has been a month. It has flown by, and I wouldn't change my new chaotic life. I don't usually have time for video games. I cannot just go to the movies at the drop of a hat. I don't always have time to play basketball or run. Sometimes, I don't even have time to urinate. And, your mom and I haven't had a warm meal in a month. But, I wouldn't change a thing. I love my life.

Video games and basketball can wait. Movies and running are overrated. I can wear a diaper and cold pizza is awesome. So, what more can I say...

One amazing month down and many more to come...

It is hard to believe that you went from this...
(10 hours old)

To this...
(Roughly 2 weeks old)

To this...
(One Month Old)

I cannot even imagine where the rest of this journey is going to take me. But, I am going to hang on for dear life and shout "Yee-Haw" the entire time.
I love you guys!

Love,
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment