Tuesday, January 24, 2012

See You in the Morning...

Dear Baby Barrow,

The time has come. In less than 10 hours, mommy and I will get to see you for the VERY first time. I cannot even believe that this day has come. I am so excited that I can hardly sleep. For me, this is like the night before Christmas when I was a child or the night before a trip to Disneyland when I was little. The excitement keeps me up, and I love it. My heart pounds as I think about seeing your little body as I hold your mommy's hand. I love her very much. She is very special to me and she is so excited for tomorrow. I bet she cries a lot...what do you think? Say "Yes", because I KNOW that is the right answer.

See you in the morning!

Oh, I am not finished. I just always wanted to say that to you. I need the practice, because in the future, I will be saying that to you a lot. I cannot wait to rock you to sleep, tuck you into bed, read you bedtime stories, kiss you goodnight, and check your closet for monsters. Your old man used to be a honorary "Ghostbuster", so I will clear your room of everything. I am a professional after all...just ask Nana.

This week, your mommy has been working more on your room and it is really starting to look good. You are in for an awesome surprise. You are going to have the coolest room out of all the infants at the hospital. You can brag to them when you get here. Be nice though! Bragging is not cool. Oh geez, your dad is already giving you bad advice. Scratch that...just be grateful you have an awesome man who is making you a super cool room. No bragging needed...unless it is to your mom about how cool your new digs are. And, it is quite the pad. I am jealous. It is cooler than your dad's Man Cave in the garage.

Your mommy just added a new sign to your room. It is a sweet sign that your daddy was able to get from some friends. It says "Caution Children Playing". I told your mommy, that works, because your daddy sometimes acts like a child. So, when you and me play...it will be like children playing.

She has so many other cool ideas that we are working on for your room. I cannot wait to enjoy the room with you. Oh, I almost forgot, we bought a glider for your room this weekend too. It will be delivered here soon. It is a chair for mommy or daddy to rock you to sleep in. You are going to love it.

I love you very much. I cannot wait to see you.

See you in the morning!

Love Daddy

1 comment:

  1. Well I am excited to know whether or not I need to buy a GI Joe or a Barbie!! Your Mommy and Daddy love you very much. Nani and Papi do as well. We will have so much fun with you. See you soon!

    Papi

    ReplyDelete