Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Drumroll Please...

Today, Mommy and I went to her new "special" doctor. He is a very special doctor that works with twins like you guys. He is a Perinatologist. He works with mommy's who have high risk pregnancies. Mommy's pregnancy is high-risk because there are two of you. The human body was not made for a woman to carry more than one baby at a time, so it is very dangerous when they do. The doctor has to check on Mommy often to make sure she is safe and that you boys are growing properly. He does all sorts of fancy tests with special equipment to make sure everything is going as it should.

So far, Mommy is doing very well. She is carry you guys well. She has to quit teaching Jazzercise. It is the first of many things that she is willing to give up for you guys. She loves you guys so much that she would do anything for you. She loves Jazzercise but not nearly as much as she loves you boys. I am so grateful for her willingness to do whatever it takes to make sure my boys are healthy.

I worry about her very much. Sometimes, I cannot sleep at night because I am worried about her. I am worried about how she is feeling. I know she is uncomfortable and has trouble sleeping. Sometimes, when she is sleeping, I just watch over her. In those moments, she seems to feel a little better. And, she looks so peaceful and beautiful. I love her very much and will be forever indebted to her for bringing you two boys into this world. She is an amazing woman and tougher than the rest of us. She is wonderful example of strength to me and she will be to you guys as well.

I worry about you boys too. I worry about your health. I worry about providing for you. I worry about being a good father. I worry about all sorts of things. But, I worry because I love you boys and your mom more than you can imagine.

When we met with the Perinatologist, he did another ultrasound. We got to see you guys twice within a week. What special events those were.




My heart pounds everytime that I see my boys. I love you boys so much already. Whenver I see your pictures, tears fill my eyes. I am so happy that the two of you are part of our family. And, whenever your mommy sees the pictures of you boys, she smiles so big. She is so so happy to be your mommy. She is going to be an amazing mommy and that is why Heavenly Father sent her two little boys. She is special and Heavenly Father knew that she would bless you guys with so much love. It takes someone VERY SPECIAL to raise twin boys! Remember that!

Now...back to the drumroll...

Your loving Mommy and Daddy decided to name you boys; Boston Jammer Barrow and Braxton Parker Barrow. Jammer is your daddy's nickname. I have been called Jammer my entire life. I am called Jammer more than Justin. It is a very special name for me. It has a lot of love behind it. It is a very significant name to me and I am so glad that Boston will carry it with him forever. Parker is Mommy's maiden name. Her last name was Parker for 20 years. It is a special name to her and her family. That part of her will live through Braxton. With family being so important, it is so special that you boys carry those names. We also wanted you to each have your own identity, so we named you boys with names we loved outside of any family name. Boston and Braxton are names of strength. Plus, both names starting with "B" and ending in "ton" keep the two of you connected. They will help to remind you of the special bond you share.

As we continue...I need another drumroll...

Today, we also found out that you boys are IDENTICAL TWINS. You two share such a special bond and it will only grow stronger as each day passes.

We love you boys and cannot wait to hold you boys in our arms.

Boston and Braxton...I love you with all my heart.

Love Daddy

2 comments:

  1. Boston,

    My children have middle names or parts of first names that connect them to someone we love and respect. I think names are so important in connecting us to others.

    You are receiving Jammer as your middle name. As you will grow to know that is your daddy's nickname. I want to tell you a little bit about where that name came from.

    When your daddy was 4 we bought him and your Uncle B a Little Tykes basketball hoop. They loved to play basketball in our driveway for hours. They soon discovered they could "SLAM DUNK" the ball in that little hoop. Your Uncle B soon grew tired of playing the same thing over and over but your daddy did not. He would play on that hoop for hours. Your Great Uncle D, my brother, came to visit us and saw Justin playing on the hoop. He started calling Justin, your daddy, Jam Master J. Papi and I shortened it to Jammer and he has been called that by everyone since then.

    I knew his name had stuck when the teachers at school referred to him as Jammer instead of Justin. It is a big part of who your daddy is. I hope you know what a privilege it is to be named after your daddy. He is a wonderful son and husband. He will be a wonderful father to you and your brother.

    Live up to the tradition of your father and be a wonderful son.

    I love you,

    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Braxton,

    My children have middle names or parts of first names that connect them to someone we love and respect. I think names are so important in connecting us to others.


    You are receiving Parker as your middle name. As you will learn as you grow that is your mommy's maiden name. I hope you know what a privilege it is to be named after your mommy.

    Live up to the tradition of your family name and be a wonderful person.

    I love you,

    Nana

    ReplyDelete