Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Love, Gratitude, and Excitement...

Dear Boston & Braxton,

Wow! I have wanted to write that for a long time now. My boys! My sons! The thought sends chills down my spine and I get goosebumps as I smile with excitement. Anytime I think of you boys, I cannot help but feel an incredible joy. I already feel so lucky to have you two boys to call my sons. On occasion, you boys will be my "Sons of Anarchy". I told mommy that she should put that on the door to your room. When you guys are two, she will agree with me on the anarchy part and may consider branding your door with that moniker. I cannot wait for you boys to bring some chaos to my life. I just hope I can bring some smiles to yours because I know you will be bringing plenty to mine!

The excitement surrounding you two is amazing. We have friends and family constantly telling us how excited they are for your arrival. Friends will call mommy and/or message her on Facebook to let her know they are thinking of her or ask her how she is doing. It is so awesome to have good friends in this world. Family and friends will always be there for you. And, you should always be there for them!

And, when your wives (only one each...Mormons don't practice polygamy!) are pregnant, you will be blessed with friends and family who help you out in amazing ways. I hope you are as lucky as we are to have friends like we do.

You may have a friend who stays a few minutes late to help you carry a desk made from stone (or so it seemed) down forty flights of stairs without stopping (or so it seemed). Thanks Jonas!

Or, you may have some friends that call to let you know about the latest deals at Babies 'R Us to save you some money. And, they may even offer to give you some old baby stuff that you can trade in for 25% off new items you need. They will do this even though they could sell it to make some money for themselves. But, they are great people so they think of you and your family. Thanks Angie and Jeff!

You may have some friends that call you to let you know that they have bags of new baby clothes for you that can make your life a little easier. Thanks Jessica and Lara!

You may have friends that check up on your wife often to make sure she is doing well. They bring a smile and some much needed comfort to her face. Thanks Sam, Brittney, Kayla, and Bre!

You may have an old family friend that checks in with your wife to make sure someone is throwing her a shower. Thanks Samantha!

You may have a friend that is willing to offer advice at anytime and willing to call her mother who is a delivery nurse just to ease your mind. And, she may provide you with books and wisdom on her experience which is truly priceless. Thanks Steph!

You WILL have other family members that will help you any way they can. They will offer advice, help with necessary items for your upcoming bundles of joy, and just plain spoil your unborn child/children. Thanks Papi, Nanie, Mema, Tutu, Ash, Riss, and Lex!

And, anyone that I may have forgotten, please know just how grateful I am for your love and support.

I want to thank all of you with all my heart. It brings tears to my eyes to know my wife and I have such wonderful friends and family who love and care for us and our boys. You boys are so lucky to have these inspiring people eagerly awaiting your arrival.

Oh, and lastly, hopefully one of your wives (again, you each only get one...they are expensive, so you will only want one!) will have an awesome co-worker and friend that buys your child/children one of the most spectacularly nifty (yes, I wrote nifty) bibs to ever grace this Earth. What a perfect gift! Thanks Dolores!

She also provided us with a few boxes of diapers, so we can cover your little bums when you get here. Again, what a selfless act of kindness.

I cannot express in words all the gratitude in my heart at this time. I am thankful to my Heavenly Father for blessing me with two of his precious children. I am thankful to my beautiful, strong, and loving wife for carrying our boys. I am thankful to family and friends for all their love and support. I am just thankful!

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Well boys, your room is coming along. For your infancy, you will be sounded by a bright yellow and bumble bees watching over you. Nice ones. Your mommy is so excited about your room and she has been working so hard on it. She is doing a wonderful job. And, to help, your Aunt Ash got a beehive to go in your room. Your Aunt Ash is so excited for the two of you to get her so you boys can play with your cousin Raiden!

Your mommy hand made your mobiles for your cribs because she wanted them to be special. She worked so hard on them and they are made with a lot of love.

Both your mommy and your daddy have been working hard on your ABC wall. It is beginning to come together. I, personally, think your dad's idea of a Man Cave clock for the "O" is the best.

We will finish the remainder of the alphabet in the next couple weeks, and your old man has some great ideas for some other letters. Just wait until you see the "X"!

Your mommy also finished her special shelves. The bottom shelf has two bumble bees watching over you. I always joke that they are your mommy and me. The bees are looking at an ultrasound picture of you boys. On the top shelf, mommy's favorite book "Love You Forever" sits. This book is very special to your mommy. Her mommy, your Mema, used to read it to her and her sisters. And, mommy and I will read it to you guys! It is a special book for our little family.

The room gets closer and closer to being ready for your arrival everyday. It is a room full of love. Your mommy has put a lot of work into it because she loves you boys so much. I can never tell you guys enough how special she is, how much I love her, and how lucky we are to have her. We outnumber her 3 to 1, so we will have to SUPER nice to her at all times! She deserves it.

Your mommy is now 18 weeks pregnant with the two of you. She is growing bigger everyday because you boys are going bigger everyday. Still, everyday she gets more and more beautiful.

She is about half way there since there are two of you. Lets all pray that the next 18 weeks go as smoothly as the first. Boston Jammer and Braxton Parker...I cannot wait to have you in my arms. I feel like the most lucky husband and father in the world already!

I love you boys very much! I love your mommy very much! And, I always will! My love grows everyday!

Love Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment