Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Made A Wish...

Dear Boston & Braxton,

"We made a wish and two came true."

My heart is full of love and gratitude today. My recent words for you have been filled with advice, pleadings, and my thoughts on our Savior. The past five posts contain "The Six B's" which come from an amazing talk given by President Gordon B. Hinckley. He tells us to "Be Grateful, Be Smart, Be Clean, Be True, Be Humble, and Be Prayerful". What wonderful advice to be given. And, although I may have ranted and lectured in my recent posts, I want you to know it is out of love. The lessons taught by President Hinckley are one of a kind. I was blessed to be able to listen to his words on a regular basis.


If you follow his words, you will not regret it.

Now, back to the gratitude that I am feeling. We are 22 weeks and 6 days into this awesome journey. Each and everyday, we inch a little closer to the day when you boys will enter this world. It warms my heart, sends chills down my spin, and makes me a little sick to my stomach. I am so excited for your arrival, but I am so nervous about being a good father. All I know is that I will work tirelessly to provide for you. I will always show you love, and I will always be there for you. I am so grateful that I was chosen to be your father. What an incredible gift to be given. What an awesome responsibility to have bestowed upon my head. I cannot describe the joy that I felt yesterday.

Yesterday, your mommy and I got to see you boys again. We got to hang out with you guys, and it was awesome. We even made it Facebook official! You guys are kind of a big deal.

While we were chillin' at the CMFM, the ultrasound technician brought out the worst in you boys. You two would not cooperate. You both were being stubborn. It was embarrassing! I cannot take you two anywhere. That is why I am making your momma carry you around right now. In any case, I blame it on the ultrasound lady. She was pushing on you guys and all sorts of stuff. I am not sure that I would have cooperated if it was me. You guys didn't take her pushiness well. You both fought back.

Boston, you hid and refused to take pictures. Just so you know, you are already like your old man. Whenever your mom wants to take pictures, I always hide too. Braxton, you would kick your brother over and over again. You two boys are pickin' on each other already. When it was Braxton's turn for pictures, suddenly, Boston wanted to be involved. Boston kept sticking his head, arm, and feet into Braxton's pictures. Braxton would promptly responded with force and proceed to kicking Boston. It turned into WrestleMania in the uterus. It was pretty amazing to watch.


Tears of pride filled my eyes as I watched my boys go at it for a good twenty minutes while the tech attempted to get the measurements she needed. I am usually not appreciative of misbehaving, but in those moments, I couldn't help but smile a grin that went from ear to ear.

Your twin doctor, Dr. Huang, was very impressed and happy with your progress. At this point, everything is looking very good for twins. You guys are developing nicely. Your kidneys, your hearts, and all your other bits and pieces...including your bits and pieces...are growing as they should. Your daddy is very proud! I sat in the dark room, tears streaming from my eyes (It was really dusty in there. Dang allergies), as I looked proudly at you two kicking inside your mommy's belly. In that moment, I couldn't help but be thankful for my life and all the things I have been given. You boys are already changing my life and making me want to a better person.

Thank you so much for that. It is truly a blessing. I love you boys very much. I feel so blessed to have two healthy boys at this point in time. If we can get another 15 weeks, we should be in good shape. Your mommy is a trooper and she is doing a wonderful job. She is tough and stays positive even though she is getting uncomfortable. I love and appreciate her very much.

Love you guys!

Love,
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment