Monday, February 27, 2012

Be Prayerful...

Dear Sons,

One of the most powerful things in life can be a prayer. A prayer to our Heavenly Father can help achieve miracles. A prayer by a humble spirit can be an instrument in God's hands. His almighty power can fill a room in an instant. Prayer is an amazing gift. The ability to drop to ones knees and humble himself/herself before God and speak to the Lord is incredible.

One of my favorite quotes is hanging in our living room. It is by one of my favorite presidents. It is about one of my favorite things of all time. It reads, "I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go". Abraham Lincoln uttered those beautiful words.


Prayer is a powerful tool if weilded by a humble heart. A blessing from my father, a prayer, helped save my life when I was younger. I am so grateful for a Father in Heaven that answers knee mail. I am so greateful for a Father on Earth that was humble, loving, and offered a pleading prayer on my behalf to our Father in Heaven. It saved my life more than once.

Be Prayerful.

You will not regret it.

Carry a prayer in your heart. Thank your Father in Heaven and His Son. Pray often and always.

I love you.

Love,
Dad

1 comment:

  1. Barrow Boys,

    I have hit my knees many a time to just endure life. I have prayed for my husband, children, grandchildren, myself and other family members. I know with all my heart that the Lord hears and answers prayers. He has answered so many of mine, not always the way I wanted but what was best for me. The Lord will never lead you astray. Pray always and often and life will be so much easier. It never ceases to amaze me how He can lift our burdens if we will just lay them at His feet. Another great blessing He give us.

    Side note:

    I too love the quote by Abraham Lincoln. It also hangs in my living room. He is my favorite president because he sought God in all he did. He was a very humble man but he had great things to say. Your mommy loves to tease me about one of his quotes. I had it hanging in our house it said, "Whatever you are, be a good one". Like other things he said it is great advice. Do you best in all you do.

    To go along with this another quote I had on my fridge, "There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy." Don't take the easy way out. As your daddy told you about the "B's" follow those in your life, yes they are hard, but they are worth it.

    I love you,

    Nana

    ReplyDelete