Friday, February 24, 2012

Be Smart...

Dear Boston & Braxton,

You boys will have special opportunities throughout your lifetime. Yesterday, I wrote about America and how special it is that we live here. We are extremely blessed to live in this country. In your life, you will be able to go to school and receive a wonderful education. There are kids all over the world who will never get that blessing. It is one you should always cherish.

Your mommy and I were lucky enough to be able to receive a free education. After we graduated from high school with honors, we were able to attend college. Your dad was able to graduate from college with honors from UNLV. What a blessing it is to have an education.

Growing up, Papi always stressed education. He wanted to make sure I always learned as much as I could. He would push me to work hard, get good grades, and be the best that I could be. Nanie and him were always there to help me when I needed it. I am very blessed to have two special parents who believed in me. You two will be very blessed to have parents that believe in you. Parents that want you to succeed. Parents that will help you succeed anyway they can.

Be Smart!

Work hard in school. Learn something new everyday. Cherish the education you are given. And, in the end, remember how important school is. An education brings wisdom. That wisdom will help you support your family when you have one of your own. Education will present you with opportunities. Education pays. It has helped your mom and me. It will help you.

I love you boys. I cannot wait until you are here.

Love,
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment