Wednesday, March 21, 2012

26 Weeks...

Dear homies,

See, I am the "hip" dad! You two are so lucky to have me to laugh at for the rest of my life! And, you will be laughing at me and not with me.

It is hard to believe that less than 26 weeks ago; I found out that your mommy was pregnant with a baby. And, then...about 8 weeks ago, we found out that our one baby was now two babies. We were stunned and exicted at the same time. I cannot believe that in less than 13 weeks, you two will be here! What an amazing feeling.

At this point, you are both bigger than a single baby should be. You both weigh over 1 pound and 12 ounces, which is a huge blessing. You guys are about the size of a cucumber and about 14 inches long. Your lungs and brains are developing. You can detect light and dark through your optic nerves. You guys can hear noise coming from the outside world, so Mommy and Aunt Alexis will have to stop cursing. And, you will be listening to a lot more Beethoven, Mozart, Bach, and Johnny Cash. Yeah, I snuck the Johnny Cash in there. I may have to let you listen to a little Boyz II Men, so you can come out and be ready to pick up chicks at the hospital. If it is up to your Uncle Jonas, you will be listening to some Beiber. And, I am not sure how I feel about that right now. I would like you guys to have better pick up lines than "Baby, baby, baby oh...". So, a little Boyz II Men, Babyface, Brian McKnight, and K-Ci & JoJo will do you some good. We will be putting those little eardrums to the test in the coming weeks. And, you will be blessed to hear your daddy's beautiful singing voice...just ask your mommy...she loves it! Even though I rarely know the words. I still cannot figure out why Adele sings about setting "fire to your brain". But, oh well...

At 26 weeks, your mommy is just starting to show. She is positively glowing and her belly has just started to grow. She is beautiful.

You know what they say, the camera adds ten pounds. Your mommy is so gorgeous and she is absolutely amazing. She is getting uncomfortable, but she rarely complains and she still works like a crazy woman. She is incredible. If there was ever a pregnant superhero, you mommy would be the prototype to follow. See below:

The check is in the mail and should be arriving any day for the article above that was written about your mom.

We are lucy to have her! We are counting down the days until you boys arrive! It won't be long now. And, I cannot wait! Yes, that was an exclamation point! And another! I could have just given you three...And, I cannot wait!!! Or I could shout it...And, I CANNOT WAIT!!! You get the idea...I am a little excited.

I love you very much!

Love,
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment