Saturday, March 24, 2012

Lets Get Crunk...

Dear Party Animals,

One day, when each of you brings a girl home to meet your mom and I, I will show them the title of this post. That way, they will know just how "hip" and "cool" and "gangsta" your dad is. Yes, I just wrote "gangsta". I left off the "r" because I am that awesome. As far as "Lets Get Crunk...", I am not even sure what that is or what that means. I mean, I wasn't even invited to the party...thank goodness. I would have stole the show, and this was your mommy's day. What a DIVA!

Your Aunt Alexis, your Mema, and your Aunt Brittney (Erickson) planned an amazing party for your mom. Leading up to it, she was so excited. She talked about it all the time. She was so happy that Brittney and Alexis wanted to throw her a shower!

As your mommy got ready, I just watched her. I admired her incredible beauty. She had a huge smile on her face that I will never forget. She was simply stunning. She was glowing. She looked so beautiful in her new dress.

I dropped her off at the party a few minutes early, and as we walked in, I was amazed at how wonderful a job Alexis, Brittney, and Mema did. It was awesome. But, you two were the ONLY two boys allowed at this shindig, so I had to leave. Oh wait, Raiden got to attend and even took pictures, but he is the Lightning God, so I cannot compete with that. But, what I saw was awesome. And, Brittney made a sweet "Jordan Diaper Cake". And, that makes her incredible in my book (Don't let it go to your head Erickson).

Anyone who does anything Jordan is awesome in my book!

It is such a blessing to me that my beautiful wife has an amazing friend like Brittney. One that cares so much about her that she takes a lot of time out of her life to just make my wife and your mommy smile. What an incredible blessing friends are. She is truly amazing. And, she will be amazed that I wrote some kind words about her...because, I am usually giving her a hard time. But, she is pretty awesome, and you boys will be lucky to know her.

As awesome as Brittney thinks she is (see how I turned that around really quick? Sorry Brit!), she needed some help from Alexis and Mema to complete the masterpiece. Your Aunt Alexis is eccentric, might be crazy, but I wouldn't trade her for anyone. She is always smiling and laughing. Other than the "occasional" potty word, she is a great aunt to have. She really loves you guys and cannot wait to hold you...well, when you aren't awake. When I was growing up, I was lucky enough to have my Aunt Sue live with our family for a while. It is such a blessing that she lived with us. My Uncle D lived with us too at one time. He used to babysit your Uncle B and me. It is so wonderful to have family live with you and be part of your lives. It is great when they live close by, but it is much better when you see them EVERYDAY because they live with you.

I will never forget Saturday mornings with Uncle D or Wednesday nights with Aunt Sue. It was a special time when they were in our home as I was growing up. And, Meagan and I got to live with Kennedy and Shane when they were younger. We all lived at Grandpa and Grandma Imlay's house. It was so fun to see my little niece and nephew everyday and play with them. I am sure they will remember it and cherish the memories as they get older.

So, you boys have a great blessing to have Aunt Alexis living with us. She is a joy to have in our home, and we are so grateful that she is here. It will be a blessing for you boys to have her here, and I am sure it will be the same for her. She will get to see you very often, and it will help her with some life skills. Not to mention, she is able to save some cash so she can buy a house of her own one day. Mommy and Daddy did the same thing when they lived with grandpa and grandma. She will be a great aunt!

Your grandma, Mema, has done so much for your boys already. And, she continued by helping with the baby shower. She has given you boys a place to rest your little heads. She got us a place to change your diapers and so much more. WE all owe her a big thank you for her help. Mema and Tutu have given you boys very much already and you will be blessed to have so much family so close by. It makes life so much better when you are close to those who love you.

Well, now it is time to get CRUNK! Still not sure what that means...but check it! See, still "gangsta"...


So many people came out to celebrate that you boys would be coming. People generously gave us wonderful gifts that we will need to make sure you guys have a wonderful and comfortable life. We are so grateful to everyone for being so supportive and giving so much to us. It made us feel so loved and we are lucky to have so many great people in our lives.

You boys attended your first party and it was a great one. I love you guys and so do a lot of other people. I love you boys!

Love,
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment