Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Bachelor Pad...

Dear Boston & Braxton,

With only a short time left until you guys arrive, Mommy and I have been hard at work on your room. It is coming along nicely and in the coming weeks, we will be putting on the finishing touches. We are so excited for your room to soon be filled with laughter and even some tears...but, remember, crying is for babies.

This weekend, Mommy and I put bookshelves up in your room, but these aren't just any shelves. These are specially created bookshelves. See, you mommy always finds unique decorating ideas. And, she found a way to make bookshelves out of rain gutters. This weekend, we cut the rain gutters and put them on the wall. They make the best bookshelves and they look really good too. We are so excited for all the cool things in your room. We loaded up the shelves with lots of stories that we are going to read to you. And, as you get older, you boys will have quite the book collection.

Your mommy loves to read. Your daddy loves to write and all the reading he does helps with my writing. Books are a special thing and you will learn to love them. That is why we are starting you out with a collection of books. At the baby shower, people brought books instead of cards. Inside the books, they wrote special messages to you guys. What an awesome idea! And, now...you have quite the collection of stories that we can read together.

What do you think?



We love the shelves and all your books. Your mommy and I have already begun reading stories and plan on making it part of the nightly routine. So, get ready to pick out your favorite book for story time!

This weekend, Mommy and I also bought a new sign for your room. It has a special meaning to us and we think it will have one for you guys. Your guys are going to have such an amazing bond and be the best of friends. We are so excited for that. The sign is a quote from Winnie the Pooh. Pooh always has wonderful words of wisdom. Piglet is his best friend, and Pooh is not shy of letting anyone know that. His words describe friendship perfectly.

Friendship is a special bond. As twins, you will be more than brothers, you will be best friends. "Time could change much, but not that."

Your bachelor pad is coming along and it is looking great. We hope you enjoy it because we have enjoyed getting it ready for you guys. Soon, you boys will be here and we will spend a lot of time in your pad.


I love you boys!

Love,
Dad

1 comment:

  1. Dear Boys,

    I am so excited to see the books that are waiting for you. I believe one of the most important things a parent can give a child is the love of reading. I love to read and I especially love to read to my grandkids. I have read to your cousins since the time they were born and I can't wait to sit in the rocking chair and read to both of you. Those are some of my most favorite times. Your cousin Kennedy loves to read and she is a very good reader (I bet she will read to you, too). I gave your mommy and daddy some of your daddies books when he was little. I hope you cherish those as much as all your new books because they belonged to your daddy.

    I love you boys,

    Nana

    ReplyDelete