Thursday, December 22, 2011

Blessings of a Baby...

Dear Baby Barrow,

As the end of the year approaches, human nature takes over and we find ourselves being kinder to each other. We find ourselves being more loving and thoughtful to those special people in our lives. We are filled with thankfulness and gratitude that may be lacking throughout the rest of the year. As the Christmas holiday approaches, the majority of us (your daddy included) seem to try harder to be more like our Savior, Jesus Christ. We should try harder to be more like our Savior throughout the entire year, but, for some reason, the Christmas holiday lights a fire within us and urges us more strongly than ever to be a better, more caring, more grateful person.

During this particular Christmas season, I have already felt more gratitude than ever before. The thought of holding you in my arms brings tears to my eyes. As I think about you, my heart begins to beat with excitement. I cannot wait to kiss your cheek and look into your eyes. I cannot wait to hold one of God's most precious angels. Your Heavenly Father chose me to be your father and you my child. What a special knowledge that is to have. And, although you haven't arrived yet, I already know that I will have a tough time ever letting you go.

With that thought in my mind, tears fill my eyes. It is difficult to imagine the struggle our Heavenly Father had knowing that he would have to give up His Son to help save all of us. I cannot imagine the pain and joy that he felt as His Only Begotten Son journeyed to this world. It is truly amazing gift that our Father in Heaven gave to us. His Son and Him love all of us so much that they were willing to be apart. Jesus was willing to suffer horrible, unimaginable hardships. And, his loving Father could only watch as he suffered. He looked down, wanting to help take the pain away from his struggling son, knowing that with one snap of his fingers he could stop it all, but he also knew that the plan most be complete in order for ALL of his children to have the chance to return to him. What a blessing.

The blessings of a baby are incredible. In about six months, I will have the blessing to hold a beautiful child, straight from Heaven in my arms. I cannot wait to hold you and at that moment, I will thank my Heavenly Father stronger than I ever have before. And, I will feel the love that my Father in Heaven has for our family as we are united at last.

Love Daddy

1 comment:

  1. Baby Barrow,

    You are a Child of God and He loves you so much. Always trust in Him, your parents and your family. You will have hard times, we all do, but He will help you through them. I know that because He has lifted my burdens from me so many times. I love you and I love Him. Always remember no matter what, You are a Child of God.

    I love you, Nana

    ReplyDelete