Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Best Buddies...

Boys,
 
Brothers share an incredible bond. The bond between twin brothers, however, is exponential stronger. And, throughout the years, if nurtured, that bond will grow to unimaginable heights. The past ten months, I have deeply enjoyed the privilege of watching your bond in action. It is a bond that I am in awe of. It is truly inspiring. It brings tears to my eyes. It is incredible example of love.
 
Since the time that Mommy and I learned that one baby would actually be two babies, I have talked, thought and studied about the incredible connection between identical twins. The research and stories have brought a smile to my face and tears to my eyes. It is truly remarkable. I have long talked and wrote about the incredible bond your spirits must have had in Heaven, for there was a reason why our Heavenly Father knew he must send the two of you together. I cannot even imagine the closeness you two shared and continue to share. You are two pieces of a whole. And, it has been that way since the very beginning.
 
In the womb, you guys would play together. We got to see an ultrasound where you guys were playing with the lining between you two. You would push it back and forth. It was a marvelous sight. Mommy would often say it felt like a fight for the UFFC was happening in her belly...The Ultimate Fetus Fighting Championships.
 
From the very beginning, we knew that you two would be best buddies. And, you proved that to be a fact in the delivery room. I know that I have told this story before, but I never feel like it can be shared enough. You guys were pulled from mommy about a minute apart. Braxton, as the nurses were cleaning you up, you began whaling at the top of your lungs. Boston, you did the same. But, when the nurses brought you together for a photo op, the screams stopped when you (Brax) grabbed Boston's hand. It is a moment that I will never forget. As you guys held hands, the room was in awe.
 
The screams would resume as soon as you guys were separated again. But, once you were placed in the same crib, peace was restored. The nurse were in awe of this entire scene and I was in tears.
 
In the hospital, you guys would nap for hours together. As long as you were near each other, you were happy. You guys found comfort in one another. In an instant, one could already see the connection you two had. And, in the past ten months that connection has grown immensely.
 

Sometimes, I am jealous. And, I try to join the napping parties. While there is not enough room in the crib, you guys often let me join on the side.
 
It truly warmed my heart to see the peace and comfort that you found in one another. I wondered if it would be short lived, but I hoped not as it was truly a incredible thing to watch. Observing the level of love you two have for one another has inspired me so much...more than I ever thought would be possible. So, from the time we brought you guys home, we helped to develop that bond. We worked to nurture it.
 
When we first got home, you guys would sleep in the bassinet. However, you would be on the opposite sides of the mesh liner. And, just like in the womb, you two wanted to get as close as possible. This picture really doesn't do the feat justice. Often times, you guys would be laying face to face with the mesh lining in between. 
 
And, in the end, you guys would end up sleeping on the same side...holding hands. And, it was and is always a heart warming sight to behold.
 
On occasion, we have even caught one of you sucking on the other one's finger. But, sometimes, the pacifier gets in the way.
 
And, still, on other occasions...you would be joined by another friend...
 
When you guys are sleeping is not the only time that you guys enjoy each other's company. You guys love to snuggle, play, laugh, read and hang out together. It is a bond that I cannot describe.
 
 
 
 
 
  
 
 
 
 
  
 
As you guys have grown so has your bond. Your connection is incredible. You guys know when the other is sad. I can see it in your eyes the concern and care you already have for each other. I cannot wait to watch that bond grow. I love helping nurture that bond and will continue on that journey for as long as you guys will let me.
 
The bond that you share is so very important. It is so important to develop and nurture it. It is something that you will never regret. Like I have mentioned so often, family is the most important thing in life. Keep it close. Continue to develop your amazing relationship and continue to be the best of friends. Two heavenly spirits forever connected by God.
 
 I love you guys so very much!

Love,
Dad


No comments:

Post a Comment