Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Story Time...

Boston & Braxton,
 
On a glorious day in October...October 14, 2012 to be exact...we learned that a baby (little did we know...it would actually be two) would be joining and completing our little family. Since that wonderful day, we have had story time on a nightly basis. That night, we opened a Dr. Seuss classic and read it aloud. Often times, I am sure we looked as silly as we felt as I read to mommy's growing belly. But, part of being a parent is being silly. And, with your mom and I, you won't ever have to worry about not having silly, embarrassing, and loving parents. Story time became a nightly ritual. We would lay in bed and read whatever we could get our hands on. We read kid's books to you. We read Sports Illustrated to you. We read whatever we could find.

When we found out that Mommy was carrying two babies, we began reading twice as much. For nine months, we shared stories and dreamed of the day that we would hold each of you in our arms and share yet another story. On June 12th, we were able to share a story in the hospital that forever changed our lives.

The past ten months we have shared so many stories from "Go Dog Go" to "Llama Llama Red Pajama" to "I Love You Stinky Face" and everything in between. And, I love every minute of it. My favorite thing to do after a long day of work is to read stories to you guys. A nightly bed time story is a must. It is must much more for me than you guys. I need the nightly story time. It makes my day better and it is a special time for our family.

Tonight, we pulled up some chairs and had some special story time. You guys love your chairs. You guys love to listen intently and look at the pictures.

But, once we get going, you both tend to lounge back and just enjoy the story. I really cherish these moments. These pictures are some of my favorites.

And, eventually, the chairs disappear. You guys will end up on my lap or standing up. There is always a lot of movement, but you guys always listen excitedly.

And, often times, you guys will help me read the story which is always needed.
 
I am looking forward to many more of these moments. You two have changed my life and I am so thankful for each of you.
 
I love you.
 
Love,
Dad
 

No comments:

Post a Comment