Wednesday, June 06, 2012

It Will...

Dear Boston Jammer & Braxton Parker,

Where has the time gone? Seriously?!! It seems like it was just yesterday when your mother excitedly handed me a pair of Baby Jordan's and told me that she was pregnant. And, it seems like it was just hours ago that we found out we were having identical twin boys. And, now...the time has almost arrived.

That's right...in a little over 7 days, our little family will grow by 20 fingers and 20 toes. In just 180 hours, we will go from 2 to 4. In less than 10,850 minutes, I will see the two of you being held by your beautiful mother for the first time. And, in less than 651,034 seconds, I will proudly hold my sons for the first time.

It takes longer for your mom to decide what she is going to wear. Trips to the mall take longer. Heck, it may even take longer to make chili in the crock pot.

In a little over a week, we will go from thinking our family is complete TO actually being a complete. In a little over a week, we will be a family. 

It is hard to believe that in such a short amount of time I will officially be a DAD! And, not just a DAD of ONE, but a DAD of TWO. Just in time for Father's Day too! I couldn't ask for a better gift. I cannot wait to see, hold, and bring the two of you home for the first time.

There have been moments in my life when I felt it couldn't get any better. When I was in high school, I felt like I was on top of the world and life wouldn't get any better. But...it did! Then, I met your mother and I didn't think life could get any better. But...it did! And, when I married your mother, I definitely didn't think it could get any better. But...it did!

And, on the 14th of June, I won't question if life will get any better.

Because for the first time in my life, I already know the answer.

It will...

Love,
Dad
 


PS: More than 7, but less than 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment