Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The First Time...

Dear Boston & Braxton,

Yesterday was incredible. It was absolutely the most amazing day of my entire life. I couldn't imagine life getting much better, but I have a feeling that my life is going to get better every day as I watch you two grow. I cannot wait to see all of your firsts.

Yesterday, you boys took your first breaths. Yesterday, you boys screamed for the fist time. Yesterday, you took your first leak and filled your pants for the first time.

And, yesterday, for the first time I laid my eyes on the two most handsome boys in the world.

Yesterday, for the first time, I became a dad.

Never before have I felt such love. Never before have I felt such happiness. Never before have I felt closer to my Heavenly Father. And, never before have I felt such pure unconditional love for your mother. My love for her grew more than I could ever imagine. People won't understand. They cannot understand. One cannot fathom how much more love can grow until you bring a child into the world together. I loved your mother on June 11th, 2012...but on June 12th, 2012, I loved your mother more than I EVER thought possible.

It is like Brad Paisley says "I thought I loved you then".



Then for me was two days ago because today I love her more than ever before.

I cannot wait for all the firsts that are to come. I cannot wait for first steps, first words, and all the other firsts.



For mom and I, yesterday changed our whole world. We both feel complete now, and it is a feeling tha we would never change. We are so happy to have our handsome, healthy, and incredible boys in our lives.


I cannot stop looking at you guys and hold you guys. I feel so blessed. I love that you two are in our lives and will be for all time and eternity.


Jessica Benson snapped all the pictures in the collage above and the slideshow below less than 30 hours after you two were born. She is an amazing photographer.

Life is good and I am so happy.

Love,
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment