Monday, June 11, 2012

Tomorrow...

Dear Boston & Braxton,

In less than 6 hours, I will be holding you boys in my arms. I cannot wait to finally have my boys. It is so exciting that we will finally have our family. Your mom and I are so excited. It is like the night before Christmas. We will not be able to sleep as we are super antsy to meet you. It is almost 11 p.m., and in just a few hours, we will be traveling to the hospital. As I think about it, I cannot help but feel a very deep love for your mother. She is a special woman, and I am lucky to have her in my life. She is going to be an incredible mother.

I wanted to share a small portion of a letter that I plan on giving to your mother in the morning. But, before I share it with you...please know that I love your mother very much. She is an amazing woman. She is the love of my life, and I am proud to call her my wife.

***************************

"...With that, a real life fairy tale began. Ours is a fairy tale where an undeserving man lands the fairest princess in his dreams. It is one where love knows no end."

"People come and go...things change...but the one constant is my love for you. As the days pass, I love you more and more. And, just when I think I couldn't love you anymore...I do."

"Little did I know how much happiness you would bring me. Little did I know how much love you would share with me."

"A day in October changed our world forever just like your smile, laugh, and kiss changed mine seven years earlier. When you uttered two words, I experienced a joy like any other. When you told me the news, I cried like never before. And, the news just kept getting better and better. I have watched for the past nine months as you plugged along with a smile. I watched in awe as you grew our two sons without complaining. As I watched you, my love for you grew to unimaginable heights."

"And, when I watch you hold our handsome boys, I will be overcome with a love for her like never before. It will be a love that will fill my heart until it is ready to burst."

"And, like the smile, like the laugh, like the kiss...it will forever change my life. And, I will love you like never before...deeper and more unconditionally than you can imagine."

"Babe, I love you so much. Words cannot describe my love for you. Where can I even begin? You are the love of my life. You are the woman of my dreams. You are my soul mate, my eternal companion, and my best friend. You are the woman that is giving me the greatest gift on Earth...love, happiness, and two amazing boys. Tomorrow, you will once again change my life forever. And, I cannot wait."

"You are so incredibly strong. You will do great. I cannot wait to see you hold our boys in your arms. You are going to be the best mom, and I am feel so blessed that I get to share parenthood with you. I couldn't pick a better person to go on this journey with. I'm so happy that just under 8 years ago a smile and a laugh changed my life. An, a kiss sent my once collapsing world spinning into paradise."

"I love you with all my heart. You are my everything, my angel, my perfection, the love of my life, my beautiful wife. As long as I am living and even long after that...I will love you!"

***************************

I shared that with you because I want you to know how special your mom is to me. She will be special to you two also.

As the time has flown by, I have watched you boys grow. I have seen you guys get bigger in ultrasounds, and I have stood by as your mommy's belly has gotten bigger as you have grown. It is hard to believe that there are two of you in her belly.


From 18 weeks to just short of 38 weeks...

You guys have grown and will be here so soon. It is still hard to believe. I feel like I am rambling, but I am just so excited. I am going to be a dad. We are going to be a family, and your guys are going to have the best mom around.

I love you guys and cannot wait for tomorrow.

Love,
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment