Sunday, April 15, 2012

Always Show Love...

Dear Boston and Braxton,

Boys, as you come into and grow in this world, you will realize more and more how important love is. Love binds us together. It completes us. It makes life worth living.

Pablo Picasso said, "Love is the greatest refreshment in life."

And, it is. No matter how bad things get, no matter how tough my day is, no matter how down I feel...when I see your mother's face, it all goes away. Her love is the greatest refreshment.

In life, we have so many chances to share our love with others. On a daily basis, we come in contact with so many opportunities that urge us to share love. Every day is a special gift and we should strive to use that gift to make the world a better place.

I hope that you guys will strive everyday to share your love. I will strive everyday to let you know that you are loved and cared for. Simple acts of kindness can show someone just how much you love them.

I love your mother very much. She is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. Without her, I would be lost. Without her, I wouldn't be complete. Without her, I wouldn't have you guys. Without her, I wouldn't know that "love is the greatest refreshment in life".

I try everyday to make her feel special and to feel loved. I would do anything, in the words of Garth Brooks, to make her feel my love. Today, I decided to make her breakfast in bed. It was a simple act of kindness that I hope made her feel loved. I am not a great cook so cereal and toast had to do. And, in the end, it made me feel good to do something small for her.

And, no the toast isn't burnt, it is cinnamon toast!

I love your mother very much, and I work everyday to show her that.

On December 8, 2007, my life was forever changed when I married the love of my life, your mother, and the greatest person on this Earth.

And, I am so lucky to have her. We are so lucky to have her.

No person on this Earth can take the place of your mother. Mothers are a special gift from God. As great as fathers are, a mom is a true piece of Heaven. I am incredibly grateful for my mother and how much she has done for me. She has been there for me no matter what. She has supported, cared for, and loved me more than I could ever deserve.


I love her very much. She will be an incredible Nana to you guys, just like she is as a mother to me.


Show your mother everyday just how much you love her. You will not regret showing this special woman just how much she means to you. You will never forget nor can you ever replace the love your mother has for you.

I love you Mom. And, I am sorry that it is 20 years late.

I love you Meagan. And, I cannot wait for our boys to be in your arms.

I love you boys! My life is forever changing for the better, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Love,
Dad

PS: One day, lets watch "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close". One of the best movies I have ever seen. A true depiction of love.


2 comments:

  1. Boston and Braxton,

    I have told you before that boys have a special bond with their mothers. Your daddy was a wonderful son. He did some very special things for me. I remember one in particular, he made me a very special CD with songs about mothers and sons, (I still have that CD today)he put it in the car so it would play and he left me a red rose on the seat. It was so touching to me that my very busy kid would take the time to show me how much he loved me. I sat in my car and cried as I listened to the songs. He is a great son to me. He learned these lessons from your Papi and you can learn them from your dad.

    There were 2 major rules in the Barrow House. Never disrepect your mother and always tell the truth. They weren't always followed by all the Barrow kids all the time but most of the time.

    Always show love and respect for your parents. You won't realize how much they love you until you have your own children but take it from me they love you and each other more than anything else in this world. You are very lucky little boys to have the parents you have. You are coming to a family who loves you so much.

    I love you,

    Nana

    ReplyDelete