Sunday, April 29, 2012

The "LAST" of many more "HOORAY's"

Dear Boys,

We are at 31 weeks and 5 days! Your mommy is a trooper. And, she is doing an amazing job growing you boys.

She is growing right along with you guys. It is a spectacle to watch; an amazing combination of awe-inspiring beauty and grace. She is simply stunning. She lights up a room as she is glowing with pride and happiness over you two. Her smile warms my heart. And, even though I bump into her belly on a regular basis, she is the most beautiful woman on the face of this Earth.

Well, it has been a few days since I have written. I am not sure why. I guess I am a little overwhelmed with the prospect of your upcoming arrival. I am as ready as I am ever gonna be I guess, but that is never enough. I want to be a good dad for you guys so bad. I want to provide for you, love you, and make you laugh. I want to be more than your dad...I want to be your friend. And, I cannot wait to hold you guys, play with you guys, and watch you grow.

I cannot wait for a little family to begin.

Family is the best. And, this weekend I was reminded of just how great our family is. This past weekend, Mommy and I went to the cabin with Nana, Papi, Uncle B, Aunt Riss, Kennedy, and Shane. It was one last hooray before you guys arrive. The cabin is a sanctuary of sorts. Whenever I am feeling stressed, I like to go spend a weekend up there and just relax. In the future, we will spend plenty of weekends up there.

This weekend, we spent time enjoying each other's company; playing board games, roasting S'mores, and playing in the yard. On the way up to the cabin, Mommy and I stopped at the St. George Temple. Nanie and Papi were sealed at the St. George Temple, so Mommy and Daddy wanted to take some pictures of it. There is such a special feeling on the grounds of the temple, and we wanted to take a moment just to enjoy it.

The majestic, pure white of the temple shining through the darkness.

The House of the Lord dedicated on April 6, 1877.

 
The greatness of America allowing us to worship as we please.

 Breathtaking...

 Beautiful...

 Freedom...

 The grounds are incredible...


After visiting the temple, we continued up to the cabin. And, I was inspired by more breathtaking views of nature. I love going to Utah because of the beautiful landscapes. We pulled over on the side of the road, and I snapped some pictures of the beautiful terrain.



 
I am a sucker for nature. And, the overcast skies made the environment even more beautiful.

At the cabin, we spent time in the yard. We played baseball, shot the BB gun, played Frisbee, and run around with the dogs. It was nice to just relax and have a good time.

But, before we could play in the yard, we had to cut the grass. Now, normally, a landscaper takes care of the lawn at the cabin. But, up until last week, there was snow on the grounds. So, the landscapers hadn't been by yet. But, in the shed, there was an old riding mower. Your Uncle B and I spent a good hour working on it to get it running. I am sure that it was quite comical to watch. I would hold the blade lock, Uncle B would pull the cord for the engine to start, and if it started...I would have to immediately put it into gear so it wouldn't die and then jump onto the moving mower. Very safe...I know. But, it sure was fun.

The yard is huge, and we probably had to start the thing 15 different times. It was quite hilarious.

Shane wanted to help too.

 
Your Uncle B is at home on a riding mower. He is the perfect red neck.

 Kennedy wanted a turn too.

Once the lawn was mowed, we had a great time playing in the yard.

Shane and Papi shot the BB gun. Papi cannot wait until you guys arrive, so he can do fun stuff with all of his grandsons. 

 Shane even hits his target with his eyes closed.

Our weekend was awesome and I cannot wait until I get to spend long, relaxing, fun weekends with my boys.

I love you guys!

To the "LAST" of many more "HOORAY's".

Love,
Dad

1 comment:

  1. Boys,

    I have not written for awhile, I have been busy trying to get my health back. I think the Dr.'s are on the right track to "fixing" your Nana. It is so important to me so that I can spend time with you and your cousins doing fun things.

    You see, there is NOTHING more important to me than family. We are an Eternal Family, your Papi and I were sealed in the St. George temple a long time ago. It was one of the best days of my life because it made all of us an Eternal family, if we live the lives we should. What a great blessing that is.
    I will be able to live with your Papi forever. He is such a good man, you are very lucky to have him in your lives.

    I look forward to the time I can spend with you guys at the "Cabin". Some might say your Papi and I grew up on Cedar Mountain. When we were in college, camping on the mountain was all we could afford. We spent many summer nights at the Duck Creek campground. Those were fun times. When you get a little bigger I will show you pictures of your Nana fishing with your daddy in a front pack (he was very little then). Your daddy and Uncle B spent many summer days playing in Aspen Mirror Lake and fishing (or actually tangling up their lines and throwing rocks in the water is more like it). I think it is why both of them love the mountains and nature so much. They inherited that love from your Papi and he will want to take you there so you can love it too. It is a Barrow tradition.

    I am so excited for your arrival. I love you both,

    Your Nana

    ReplyDelete