Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Every Smallest Friend Worries...

Dear Boston and Braxton,

Today, I had a pretty rough day at work. I wasn't feeling too well, and I just didn't want to be there. But, for once in my life, I feel that I am REALLY working for something. I am working to provide for you two and the future of our little family. So, no matter how hard my day is...I just think of mommy and my boys and everything is alright.

It is like Bob Marley says: "Don't worry about a thing...

And, you know what? I know everything is going to be great. Every time I think of my boys and my beautiful wife, I get this happy feeling and I know every little thing is alright.

It is incredible how we change as we get older. I guess the normal person would refer to it as "maturing", but I would never consider myself mature. But, as I have gotten older, along with age has come perspective. I find myself thinking more logically. I find myself concerned with things other than XBox 360 achievements and who wins the basketball game. Don't get me wrong, I still find these other things enjoyable...but they are no long a priority for me. You boys have become my priority and I wouldn't have it any other way.

In the words of one of the greatest friends of all time, Winnie the Pooh:

Before you were specks on an ultrasound screen, you had already consumed my heart. Before I ever saw you, before I ever held you, and before I ever heard you cry...I loved you. And, I always will. With you guys, the smallest things are definitely taking up the most room in my heart. And, as you get bigger, you will continue to take up more and more room in my heart.

I want you to always remember that I am here for you. No matter what. I will always be there for you because in the words of Woody and Buzz:

I will be more than just your dad. I will be your friend too. I will be an ear to listen, a shoulder to cry on, a high-five after a success, and a friend to watch a game with.

And, as long as we are taking advice from fictional geniuses, we cannot forgot one of my personal favorites. In the words of Timon and Pumba:

"HAKUNA MATATA...What a wonderful phrase...it means

Photobucket
Life is stressful. Life can be hard. But, you must always remember what is important in life. And, most of the time, you can be reminded by a Disney movie. Relax, have fun, be kind, and enjoy everything life has to offer.

If you remember Every Smallest Friend Worries...you may think of these words and remember that "every little thing is gonna be alright" if you remember the "smallest things" and that "you always have a friend" which means you have "no worries" (at least that we cannot handle).

I love you guys!

Love,
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment