Friday, April 13, 2012

I Will...

Dear Boston and Braxton,

As I sit and stare at the clock this morning, time seems to be ticking by so slow. But, in all reality, the past seven months have flown by. The closer it gets; the more inadequate I feel. As time speeds by, I realize more and more how ill equipped I am for this upcoming journey. It is difficult to put into words all the emotions I am feeling. Feelings of inadequacy come and go in life, and the feelings around this one will too...eventually.

In the coming months, you two will arrive and I will be a new father to twin boys. It is amazing to think just how far your mom and I have come to get to this point in our lives. And, while I don't think you are ever ready to be a parent, your mom is as close as they come. She has wanted this for a very long time, and she is very excited.

As for your dad, I just hope I can be a good father. I will always be there for you. I will work tirelessly to provide for you. I will love you with all my heart. And, your mom will make sure you live through the first few years as your clueless dad attempts to take care of you. I will do my best to be the best father I can be to you boys.

I am excited for your arrival even though I am a little apprehensive with the propspect of TWO new boys. But, they always say that if it is easy, it probably isn't worth doing. So, with that in mind, let's get this show on the road.

I love you boys!

Love,
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment