Friday, May 25, 2012

All I Ask For Anymore...

Dear Boston & Braxton,

The word "baby" has the amazing ability to incite a wide array of emotions ranging from unrelenting terror to unparalleled joy. It can provoke feelings of uncontrollable nervousness and lead to unforgettable laughter. It can conjure forth feelings of supreme uneasiness and convey feelings of unimaginable and unconditional love. It can provide the most exhilarating moments in life and make that life worth living. It can create the utmost feelings of pride, togetherness, and happiness. It can summon inconceivable transformations in human beings. And, in the rare incident that the word "babies" is used, the blessings of the impending, chaotic journey are simply doubled.

Less than 1% of people on this Earth will get to experience the unmatched, unequaled, consummate, and endearing feelings that are currently overwhelming my being. My soul has been overtaken by an exceptionally, extraordinary sense of gratitude. It is a sentiment that my feeble brain cannot perform justice for through the use of the written or spoken word. It is an emotion that will never be described. It cannot be explained. It must be felt! A select few on this Earth will be blessed with the rare moment to view two of God's closest angels come into this world in tandem. 

Identical twins are carbon copies of God's greatest creation that cultivated an eternal relationship which few, including myself, could ever comprehend. A relationship that God, the greatest of all, felt was necessary to keep intact. A relationship that was mended before your sojourn on this Earth began. Our Father in Heaven, in his unwavering wisdom and all knowing mind deemed it essential that you two should spend your lives in one another's company. Two souls, two bodies...one incredible blessing combined to change my world.

Sometimes, I sit and ponder to myself why God would bless me, an undeserving son, with such a uniquely personal gift. Despite all my shortcomings as a man, He still believed enough in me to exalt me as a father of two of His most exclusive angels on high. And, in the end, He did not do this because of the man that I am but because of the man that he knows I CAN BE with his endless assistance.

Still, I often think "God thinks a lot more of me than he should."

Without a doubt, I am not worthy of such a glorious gift as two of his children. Maybe Heaven just needs some more room. But, regardless of why, you two are my boys and I will live my entire life in a constant effort to be worthy of such a gift.

The presence of you two has changed my life. I cannot imagine my life without you even though you are not here yet. So, as I sit here, tears overflowing...I am so glad that God decided to change my life more than I ever asked for.

"When I bow my head tonight,
There'll be no me, myself, and I
Just watch my wife and kids please Lord
That's all I ask for anymore"
-Trace Adkins


You two and your mother are all I ask for anymore. With that, I have every thing I need. My world has changed and I will be forever grateful.

I love you so much!

Love,
Dad



No comments:

Post a Comment