Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Journey to 34 Weeks...

Dear Boston & Braxton,

What an AMAZING journey it has been thus far. Since around week 19 when Mommy and I got the surprise of a lifetime and found out one was two -TIL- today, at week 34, our lives have completely changed. And, the changes are definitely for the better.

Your mother and I have grown so much closer as we have prepared for the arrival of our boys. We are so excited for our small family to begin. We know it will be chaos, but it is the good kind of chaos.

People will think I am crazy...they will laugh at me in the coming weeks, but I cannot wait for the two of you to arrive. I am stressed to the max and not completely sure what I am doing, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. It is like Phil Vassar's "Another Day in Paradise"...

"Well, it's ok. It's so nice
It's just another day in paradise
Well, there's no place that
I'd rather be
Well, it's two hearts
And one dream
I wouldn't trade it for anything
And I ask the Lord every night
For just another day in paradise."

Even with all the stresses, pandemonium, and sleepless nights that come with parenthood...I cannot wait for our first day in paradise. I cannot wait to see your mother hold each of you in her arms. She has been so strong throughout this process. You guys have put quite the toll on her body, but she wouldn't have it any other way.

FROM WEEK 19 to WEEK 34

While the journey has been difficult for her, she doesn't complain. She has gone through it all with a smile. She has sacrificed so much in her effort to bring two healthy babies into the world. And, before too long, you guys will be here. And, don't forget to thank her when you are here. It is just ONE of the MANY things that you boys should THANK her for.

It is incredible to think that just a little more than 34 weeks ago, your mother and I decided to start a family. A little bit later, we discovered we were pregnant. And, then...we were surprised to discover that our family was going to grow by 2! Now, 34 weeks later, you have both grown big and strong. The end is in sight. We are coming down the home stretch.

At this point, you both weigh over 4 pounds. Your lungs are continuing to develop, preparing each of you for the outside world. Other vital organs are developing as your liver is beginning to process waste. Yes, your little poop factories are coming along. Other than that, you guys are having constant dance parties, UFC bouts, and using your mom's ribs and pelvis as punching bags. I am not too sure she enjoys all that.

It is hard to explain...words just don't bring justice to the love I have for you boys and your mother. My heart is full. I am little overwhelmed by the joy and terror that fills me. I cannot wait to hold my twin boys in my arms and know that our little family is complete.

Keep growing. Only a few more weeks to go!

I love you!

Love,
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment